Insertion point of a Circle segment

I'm making a circle library for the prolyte H40V series.

I'm trying to get the insertion point @ the right spot of the  circle segment. 

But I can't figure it out. It stays at the center beginning of the truss segment and the auto connect truss is not working properly .

I real can use some help. Or is there a library with the prolate cirkels and the different segnment of them?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@FinchProduction The insertion point should be at the center of the circle when the full 360° truss is assembled.  I have attached a screenshot of how I set up all of the truss in Vectorworks and the technique that I use to make sure I am at the correct point.  If you have questions please let me know and I will be glad to assist.  We do have more Prolyte circles on our list of items to develop for future releases as well.

Circle Setup.png

The insertion point needs to be at the center if you have the "Insertion Point is Center" button checked in the Braceworks setup.  If you just want to use the arc as a single arc place the bottom center of the truss as the insertion point and make sure "Insertion Point is Center" is unchecked.  If you would like you can send me your file and I can take a look for you.

@JustinVH I just was puzzling with the rotation and found it. The insert point and the snap is working fine know. 

The only thing I don't find is how you can connect the arc to the top or down on an other truss. 

Like if you connect a c003 corner of prolate to a truss, you can choose the orientation of the corner leg. left, right, down and up. Is this also possible with a single circle arc?

An arc or circle does not have the left, right, etc. options.  That only applies to corners where there are multiple insertion points in many different configurations.  The diameter of the segment and degree of arc in the Braceworks setup are what determine what is the top and bottom connection of the segment.  If you are able why don't you send me the file and I will give it a quick glance, I don't mind.  It sounds like you have things working properly but it never hurts to have a second set of eyes.

Justin