Disabling tool command pop-ups after selecting tool

KsheaTAA

Question

Recently I have started getting tool setting pop-up menus after clicking a tool in its palette. It seems to occur primarily when I select a tool from the Basic palette. Example: Upon selection of Line tool from Basic palette, pop-up box appears as shown in the attached PDF screenshot. This happens with most of the tools in the Basic palette

I have yet to determine why it happens or how to make it stop. Is there a VWorks preference I am missing, that would disable the pop-ups upon selection?  

I am using Vectorworks 2019, and this particular quirk never happened in V2108. Insights appreciated as to how to turn them off as this is greatly impeding my workflow.

Thank you,

Kevin

VW Forum Screenshot 2019-04-10.PDF

6 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

Yep, I was going to guess that if you're single-clicking that you might have a mouse issue.

A quick google search brought me to this site which might let you test some click events?

https://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html

Marissa, that link was very helpful. I tested the mouse and it was showing double-clicks even though I know I only single-clicked. Switched out to a new mouse and so far I'm not seeing the dialogue boxes.

Thank you for the tip!

Kevin