Deleting multiple symbols

Hi All, I imported a plan from an engineer.  I didn't realize at the time that it had a whole lot of its own unique symbols that came with the drawing.  I'm getting tired of all these funky symbols showing up in my drawing file symbol directory.  I would like to delete MANY symbols/definitions quickly without having to do it one at a time.  Is there a quick and easy way to do this? 

Thank you for any help,

Kal

Have you tried using the Select Similar (Magic Wand) tool using the Symbol name criteria? That will select multiple instances of the same symbol.

If you mean multiple symbols from the file, then you should be able to shift-click a selection in the resource manager and right-click delete.

Where is your library located and how did these imported symbols get there? If the symbols are in an entirely separate file then you will need to open that file and do what I suggested above. I hope I'm understanding you. Maybe someone else knows what you mean?

Can you make a screen-shot of what you are seeing in your library?

Sorry, uploaded it twice.  Same pic.  But as you can see, I have many symbol definitions "dredger_grill..." that I would like to remove from this drawing file symbol library.  What's the easiest/quickest way to get rid of them without going one by one?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You cannot delete multiple items from that popout resource selector element that drops from the tool bar. You have to use the Resource Manager palette directly. It should allow multiple selection on both mac and windows and should let you delete large selections all at once.

• Like 1