Worksheet criteria sort wall styles by name

MartinaL

Hi, 

I'm creating my reports and to do so I need to sort my wall styles by name. Even though the wall style name is in the list of possibile answers, when I try to use the "starts with" or "ends with" "contains" etc the answer is always wrong, it is either zero or all of them. 

Am I writing things the wrong way and/or with the wrong syntax? 
Is there any other way to sort wall styles in the same class and in the same layer?

Thank you in advance

Martina

Schermata 2019-04-09 alle 10.19.02.png

Schermata 2019-04-09 alle 10.21.35.png

5 minutes ago, elepp said:

Hi, you have to write it like this Cw_*. It signals the search that it should ignore every other letter that comes after Cw_. If you place it in front, it will ignore every thing that is written before Cw_.

Hope that helps.

Hi elepp, thank you for your quick and niece answer! 

Unfortunately this syntax is not working, it gives me the same results as before; maybe I did it wrong?

Thank you very much 

Schermata 2019-04-09 alle 11.14.02.png

Hi, I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.

My wall styles have a wall style name that indicates certain characteristic of the wall, so I'd like to sort them according to this name to sort them by these characteristics.

For example I want to keep out from the list all the ones starting with Cw or Cwc or ICw (my counter walls).

So I select "type - is - wall" 

and than "Name - does not start with - Cw_*"

What I expect is to have listed wall style names but not the ones starting that way, but as it shows in the previous screenshot there are names that should't be there like Cw_a P2 or Cwc_R.h P2 etc. 

So I suppose I did something wrong. Could you help me? 

Thank you again for your nice reply, I really appreciate that.

Ah ok! Thanks for clarification. The Problem is that "Name" is the wrong criteria for wall styles. They only apply to object names (screenshot 1). Walls usually don't have that.

1105521583_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-09um14_10_17.thumb.png.7b595c97e783ae4871df0c83150724b7.png

But in the criteria dialog also offers to look specifically for wall styles. The dialog only offers to choose a wall style from a list, but there is a way around that. After you close the dialog, the used formula appears in the worksheet. (screenshot 2) Now you can edit it directly here. Just write the wall style name that you want to exclude from the search like this (WST<>'CW_*'). This should probably work.

21466997_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-09um14_13_34.thumb.png.60c6d9f0f87964761dc80f73a9963360.png

• Like 1

In Worksheets you use the criteria to determine which objects to display in a Database Row. You put formulas into the Database Header Row (i.e. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc.) to determine what data to display.

The correct formula to display the Wall Style is:   =WallStyleName

There was another thread recently about Components in Wall Styles in Worksheets. Search for posts by me about components to find that for more information.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, elepp said:

Ah ok! Thanks for clarification. The Problem is that "Name" is the wrong criteria for wall styles. They only apply to object names (screenshot 1). Walls usually don't have that.

1105521583_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-09um14_10_17.thumb.png.7b595c97e783ae4871df0c83150724b7.png

But in the criteria dialog also offers to look specifically for wall styles. The dialog only offers to choose a wall style from a list, but there is a way around that. After you close the dialog, the used formula appears in the worksheet. (screenshot 2) Now you can edit it directly here. Just write the wall style name that you want to exclude from the search like this (WST<>'CW_*'). This should probably work.

21466997_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-09um14_13_34.thumb.png.60c6d9f0f87964761dc80f73a9963360.png

Thank you very much, it was super helpful!

Have a nice day

Martina