Text in 3D Plane

Alex.loo

Question

Hi there,

I have made a custom Plugin Object containing only text. In one document I can rotate in 3D so the text shows to the front and I can change the z-position, but in the other document I cant rotate the Object so it shows to the front. As soon I enter a digit in the z-coord. in Object Info, the object changes from Layer-Plane to Screen-Plane (disappears in 3D View). Same happens when i rotate it. This only happens in that one file.

4 answers to this question

You may want to file a support request for this as this seems a bit odd so it could be a bug, but it could be some drawing relating setting that is active in one but not in the other that causes it to happen though right now I can't think of what setting that might be.

Strange, but here is a basic thing to explore:

Compare the View Bar settings for Active Plane and the View Plane.  If not same, adjust settings in the problem file to match the other file.

Does the drawing need to be set to Working Plane for this PIO to work as expected?

Also, if adjusting the object z component switches the object to Screen Plane, what happens if you switch it to 3d Plane (if available) or to Layer?

-B

DrawingPlanes.png

Thank you for your Answers

Compare the View Bar settings for Active Plane and the View Plane.  If not same, adjust settings in the problem file to match the other file.

In both file the bar is the same.

Does the drawing need to be set to Working Plane for this PIO to work as expected?

Yes, it shows information of objects which I have to print to Viewports from the front View.

Also, if adjusting the object z component switches the object to Screen Plane, what happens if you switch it to 3d Plane (if available) or to Layer?

When I switch into the front view i can change the Plane to working plane and the text "rotates", I can move it along the Z and the X axis but not in the y anymore (data from Y becomes Z on changing to working Plane in the front view). For now this is ok, but it's still very odd. Maybe I messed something up with the working planes in the file.

-Alex

Hi there again,

so I figured out, when i open the document and stay in Top/Plan View, I can change the plane of the object to workingplane, edit the Z value and it goes into 3D Plane and doesn't reset. As soon I change my view to any angle in 3D i can't make the object go into 3D Plane, also if I am in Top/Plan View again.

-Alex