Cannot search Resource Manager

drs1706

Question

Since upgrading to 2019 SP3, when i use the search bar it will only find items that are in the current doc or my favourites.

As you can see from the attachment, Lysaght files are available and I can manually find them but a search doesn't return any results. This goes for anything and everything.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is there something wrong with my VW?

I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 for info.

Cheers

D

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.35.18.png

6 answers to this question

Your Filter is set to Hatches.

So it will only show when Hatches are in your Folder.

Set Filter back to All and it will display all contents again.

EDIT

Sorry, you are only looking for Hatches.

And you are sure that a Hatch with your search name exists.

So refreshing Libs, Restarting VW and or Machine would be

my first attempts too.

Edited by zoomer

Hi Guys,

For info:

Tried refreshing Libraries, no dice.

Saw your edit zoomer, cheers. I updated last Friday so everything has been restarted at least a couple of times since.

Doesn't matter what I'm searching for (linetypes, symbols, hatches etc) even set on all resources the search doesn't work.

I can manually go looking for them (and find them) but that means remembering which folder the resource is in.

Cheers

D

Hi Everyone,

Problem fixed (randomly).

I found separate folders for resources in application support that were empty. I copied the Lysaght file into the same folder as the Vectorworks library file structure and Hey Presto, everything was searchable again. I deleted the file i had just copied as two sets of hatches appeared in the search and it's still working for everything.

For info:

Left window file path: User>(username)>Library>Application Support>Vectorworks>2019>Libraries. These are the empty folders.

Hope this helps should anyone else have this strange bug (why do these things always seem to happen to me!).

Cheers

D

PS: Sorry if this is hard to follow, thats why im not a teacher!

1047653356_ScreenShot2019-04-10at08_15_26.thumb.png.6c58825b143949b88730e40c2215262e.png

Edited by drs1706

I am having the same issue when using the Resource manager. It also occurs when I am trying to change the 3D part of a plant. I search, for instance 'hydrangea' or 'tree' and nothing comes up. 

I have tried to follow the above message but I have not been successful. Has anyone else got any helpful tips?