How to Export Line Weights to DWG??

I haven't seen a post on this particular topic lately, so I'll put it out there again. Since VW10, on windows XP, my line weights, varying from 1mil to 40mil, translate into ACAD 2000 to 2005 as a single weight of about 5mil. Is this a bug in the export engine, or am I doing something wrong? Should I submit a bug report?

And yes, the lineweights export from v10 to Autocad 2000 for me, on Windows XP. The new DWG file even opens in Autocad 05 with lineweight display already turned on. Your computer must be possessed by demons.

Unless... No, couldn't be. But it's the only other thing I can think of: if you were to select r14 or earlier for the DWG file format, of course there wouldn't be any lineweights, even if you later open the exported file in Autocad 05.

jan15

Most of the people I work with are only vaguely aware that lineweights are available in ACAD and only a few are using 2005. Also the cheap DWG viewers I use don't display lineweights. So I haven't been able to confirm that they are exported until your post explained the procedure. I have saved a copy of it to send to my clients and consultants if they don't know how to do it. Thank you from the bottom of my little pea-pickin heart.!

JHE