MVR Rotating Objects

It's my first time exporting to MVR, I have a truss on a rake and when I Export ESC everything works properly and looks correct. 

779549508_ESCCorrect.thumb.jpg.519728393501aed7bfef817f4671f786.jpg

However when I import a MVR file the rake looks like this:

1008564959_MVRIncorrect.thumb.png.66cce2a7d49e41970f7a64f6292ce482.png

You can also see that all my fixtures have rotated and nothing connects properly. All fixtures are rotated funky and this truss no longer rakes as it should.  

When I exported I selected all objects and opening in Vision on the pop up window, after the first failed attempt, I played with the settings and still had no luck.  Is there something I am missing?

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

First be sure you are using SP3 of both Vision and Vectorworks.

Can you post your file here or submit it to tech support and we can take a look?

We have done extensive testing with MVR but it is still a new and developing format  and you may have found a situation that needs some more attention.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply.  Turns out I had updated Vectorworks, but failed to also update Vision and didn't realize that.  However I did notice if I changed the units from Millimeters to Feet, or Inches, my lighting fixtures all disappear.  I can leave in mm and they work just fine, just something I noticed on my file.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Great! By the specifications, the MVR file always uses Millimeters for the units.

The Vision import dialog supports multiple file types so the units option is always available.

We are looking at forcing the units setting to Millimeters when you select and MVR file but for now you will have to remember to always use Millimeters with MVR files. 

• Like 2