Darken grey of greyed layers?

If you are not using different colors in your drawing, another thing you can do is turn on the "use layer colors" preference.

This is what we do for roof plans. We put the roof base plan on its own layer and set that layer to the grey of our choice using layer colors. This file is saved as a roof plan template file, so we do not have to keep setting up this layer color over and over.

Regards,

Peter

PeterT's suggestion is a good one - the layer colours even translate through to the ViewPorts. Once you have set up your layer colours all you need to do is toggle your preferences before and after printing that sheet.

Having said that the option to lighten or darken the greyness of a greyed layer would be a useful addition to Preferences.

Does anyone know of a way to make the grey for greyed layers darker? For example, if I want to show the floor plan greyed under the roof plan, it looks great on screen, but when I plot it out on vellum, it is too light to show up in a blueprint. Any quick fix for this? (I want to get this set out today.. [smile] )

Thanks in advance-

Jake

VW111.5

OSX 10.3.8

DUAL 2.0 G5 2G RAM

• 10 years later...

This is an old thread, and the Issue no longer exists.

For printing a grayed layer in a particular shade of gray, just set the gray level in the Print Dialog under "Gray level for grayed layers and classes".

This will not affect the gray level on-screen, but will lighten or darken it on the print.

Hi,

What I do is to create a large rectangle that covers all the plan I want to mask, Place it at front and call it Mask_Plan (or Whatever) then adjust the transparency of the mask to your desired levels.

When you go to the viewport make sure they are sitting in the correct position with the transparent design layer to the back.

HTH

This is an old thread, and the Issue no longer exists.

For printing a grayed layer in a particular shade of gray, just set the gray level in the Print Dialog under "Gray level for grayed layers and classes".

This will not affect the gray level on-screen, but will lighten or darken it on the print.

Oh...I didn't realise the thread was so old! It came up in a search result and I didn't notice. Apologies.