Cookie_NZ

Instruments snapping to centre of truss

Greeting all,

I have a query about lighting instruments snapping to trusses when they are converted to hanging positions:

If I drag a light onto a truss once the truss is converted into a hanging position, I get a red snap line down the centre of the truss.  The light wants to snap there even if I hover over the edges of the truss.  I've tried this will all the snapping options on and off, and the behaviour is the same. 

Is there a way to disable this?  Obviously I would like the lights on the cords of the truss and not down the centre line. 

Many thanks as ever for your help.

Cheers,

Cookie

286915895_SnappingIssue.thumb.jpg.ef9eb910c69142dece2c968bb8df9911.jpg

the snapping connects the load to the hanging position.  you can then move it to the position you want on the cord.  

Rob.

Ah I see.  Thanks Rob. 

And once snapped to the centre line the light can only be moved directly up or down to the cord otherwise the light once again snaps to centre?

This does make every light move a two action procedure.  No way to turn this off for those of us not utilising Braceworks? 

562201111_Screenshot2019-04-04at14_02_00.thumb.png.d487689d43e1237c17e4f53b4e7c9122.png

You can turn off the snapping form the Spotlight Preferences, Lighting Device tab, uncheck the Enable Auto Positioning when moved. You can still attach and remove loads from Hanging Position using the selection control points or using the context menu commands .

The snapping is enabled only when you drag objects, nudging objects (Shift + arrow keys) do not use the snapping.

• Like 1

Hi Yordan,

Fantastic!  Thanks for that.  Just what I was looking for.

Cheers,

Cookie

• Like 1