Sheet Layer Names Won't Stick

Dan Hoffman

Question

I've been having a recurring problem with VW2019 - in SP2 and now SP3 - where I'll make a copy of a sheet layer, change the name and continue working, and after some indeterminate amount of time, it will revert back to its previous name. Seems to occur on both Mac and Windows, doesn't seem to persist after saving, closing VW and re-opening, haven't been able to actively reproduce it but it's occurred across multiple files (mostly from the same template).

I've tried renaming both in the Navigation palette as well as in the pop-up....doesn't seem to matter.

3 answers to this question

I do have Title Border objects on each sheet layer; it looks like the global Auto Drawing Coordination option is turned OFF already in Document Preferences but it was turned ON in the Title Block Style; I've turned it off and will see if that helps. Thanks for the reminder about that new so-called 'feature'!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It is recommended to keep both Auto Drawing Coordinations in the same state to avoid such confusions. The document auto drawing coordination is responsible for the synchronization from the layer to the TBB and the TBB auto drawing coordination for the synchronization from the TBB to the layer.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov