Shading not showing up in cross section

ffloid

Question

Hey guys,

I've asked this on the german forums as well, but since they couldn't figure it out so far maybe you can help me as well:

I'm currently drawing my journeymans piece for carpentry and one part of the submission is a technical dawing showing DIN shaded cross sections and details.

Now I've set everything up corretly I think, where the classes have all been assigned shaders and the cross sections each get their attributes from the corresponding classes, so nothing is overwritten or replaced.

Still, all areas visible in the cross section only show the grey solid colour instead of the DIN shaders.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using VW19 with the interiorcad distro on a students license.

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You may need to select the Section Viewport, and then under Advanced Properties > Attributes, make sure that Sepearate Cross Sections is selected and that  "Use Attributes of Original Objects" is checked, I think it will default to a solid grey or red section plane color.

Screenshot included in case the German version has dramatically different names for the settings:

image.png

• Like 2

Hey Jim, thank you for the quick reply, but I've figured it out in the meantime.

I had only defined shaders for the base material of the parts, but for some reason in cross sections it will use the shader of whatever surface layer is on the material, so I had to set these to the ones originally meant for the base material. It's a bit confusing, but it worked.

Thanks for your help anyway! 🙂

Edited by ffloid
  • Like 1