Can I add a drawing stamp to multiple sheets?

line-weight

Question

As far as I can see the options for adding a "drawing stamp" are

(a) add it one sheet at a time, which means for every single sheet selecting the title block, clicking on 'drawing stamp' in the OIP, waiting for the dialogue to open, ticking 'display drawing stamp', choosing the contents, typing in the custom text if custom text is required, pressing OK.*

(b) add the same stamp to every single title block of that style in the file, by editing the titleblock style.

I can't see a way of adding the same stamp to a selected group of sheets, in one go, in the same sort of way that you can add a revision to a selected group of sheets using the [somewhat confusing process via the] title block manager. Is that right, or have I missed something?

*as an aside, VW designers please note: this whole process is much more time consuming than just doing it manually: making a text object, putting it on top of the title block and then copy&pasting it onto other sheets.

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 minutes ago, line-weight said:

Not possible in 2018 though?

- Not through the manager. However, you could use different TBB Styles and edit just the styles, as you have mentioned. Another way is to make a worksheet with Database row that is collecting all TBB objects and add the Custom Text field there and edit it from the worksheet. However, your TBBs must have their Drawing Stamp set to "Custom" (could be done from a worksheet too).

1 hour ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Another way is to make a worksheet with Database row that is collecting all TBB objects and add the Custom Text field there and edit it from the worksheet. However, your TBBs must have their Drawing Stamp set to "Custom" (could be done from a worksheet too).

A bit complicated for my liking as I am yet to fully get to grips with worksheets!

I will probably do it manually for now and look forward to the day I feel it's safe to move to 2019 and take advantage of its improved system.

Thanks for your replies.

• Like 1
On 4/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, line-weight said:

way that you can add a revision to a selected group of sheets using the [somewhat confusing process via the] title block manager.

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

By the way, this doesn't actually work for me in 2018.

Firstly, when I ask it to add a revision to a bunch of sheets, it doesn't do it to them all, just the first few.

So If I start with drawings 1 to 10 at revision A, then ask it to change them all to revision B, it only changes, say, drawings 1 to 5.

Now there's no way for me to bulk-update drawings 6 to 10 to revision B, because when I go into the title block manager, the only revision it'll now allow me to 'add' is revision C, because it's already done a 'B'. Even if I only want to apply it to drawings that are currently at A.

In fact, somehow it's even worse, because somehow it now thinks I should be on revision D, and has created a list of revisions A through C even though I haven't even done a C yet. And they have the wrong names and dates.

In other words I don't think it works. Maybe it does in 2019.