Streamdeck integration.

Matster

Question

On 4/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, PVA - Jim said:

If you're on a Mac, you should be able to get at them directly, the "2x" ones are the ones for high res displays:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Vectorworks 2019⁩ ▸ (Show Package Contents on 2019 app)⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ ⁨Vectorworks.vwr⁩ ▸ ⁨Images⁩

However I've attached a zip of that folder in case any Windows users need them, as I think its harder to get at them from that OS. The naming and folder structure wasn't meant to be user friendly, but searching for a tool name within this zip should find what you need.

Images.zip

A couple of Stream Deck questions for you power users:  

1- When Jim mentioned where to find suitable graphic icons, he mentioned the "(Show Package Contents on 2019 app)" I am not sure I know how to do that.  

2- Any wisdom on how to fire scripts with the Stream Deck.  

Thus far I am finding it to be a game changer.  I am using it for features that either don't have a hot key assigned, or for functions like duplicate array and Label legend manager that require 4 keys to access.  

6 hours ago, scottmoore said:

A couple of Stream Deck questions for you power users:  

1- When Jim mentioned where to find suitable graphic icons, he mentioned the "(Show Package Contents on 2019 app)" I am not sure I know how to do that.  

2- Any wisdom on how to fire scripts with the Stream Deck.  

Thus far I am finding it to be a game changer.  I am using it for features that either don't have a hot key assigned, or for functions like duplicate array and Label legend manager that require 4 keys to access.  

1 that is in Mac computers. You can right click on the vectorworks application and then click show package content en browse to the image file. There is a .wvr file inside the application that you can also show package contents. 

also throughout the installation in the plugins folder for instance there are a couple more .wvr files you can explore also. 

but someone in e vectorworks & spotlight user group on Facebook recently shared a Dropbox link that has the 2020 icons. That might be even easier. 

I am loving the StreamDeck!  I’ve found it to be extremely useful to speed up a lot of common processes. My thought has been to stick with keyboard shortcuts and instead use the SD for items that have really complicated keystroke sets or that require two hands. I am also using it for items I use a lot that would have required mousing up into the menus. It’s a work in process. 

3ACA2E5A-9821-4E5D-B7B3-946117F22C88.jpeg

2CE47762-DE4E-4862-974D-65010F5496EB.jpeg

• Like 1

This wishlist request has one of the highest upvotes around. 

@JuanP is a real vwx plugin on the scope for the streamdeck? We would love to be able to use it in a similar way to the 3D Connexion products. Or maybe even better if it worked dynamically like the Mac pro’s Touch Bar This gizmo is widely used by AV professionals around the world. 

Streamdeck has provided An SDK that can be used to write the plugins. 

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028243711-Elgato-Stream-Deck-SDK-Use-Software-Version-4-0-and-Above

Would love to hear the Vectorworks view about this. 

Edited by Sebastiaan
  • Like 2

Hi All,

I've just gotten into setting up my Stream Deck for VW and so far it's fantastic!

However, I can't find all of the tool images in the location Jim outlined before. For instance I can't find images for tape measure, trim tool, etc. I even tried searching in the root of the image files and they don't turn up. Any suggestions about where to get these image files?

11 hours ago, Slove3 said:

Hi All,

I've just gotten into setting up my Stream Deck for VW and so far it's fantastic!

However, I can't find all of the tool images in the location Jim outlined before. For instance I can't find images for tape measure, trim tool, etc. I even tried searching in the root of the image files and they don't turn up. Any suggestions about where to get these image files?

When I made my profile I remember there where a couple odd ones that I could not find either. I made those with a screenshot from the icon in the application. These odd icons must be hidden somewhere else in the program

On 4/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, Sebastiaan said:

So I got motivated to make a nice Stream Deck profile.

Still would be amazing if VWX could write a fancy and perhaps dynamic plugin, maybe it could work similar to a Macbook pro's Touch Bar? Also maybe not all tools would need a keyboard shortcut to work with the stream deck.

By the way, only just finished this and didn't thoroughly test al the keys.

Hope you like it.

177806942_ScreenShot2019-04-02at23_06_28.thumb.png.4002890ae1ab24dd9888c13ec68dc99d.png

VWX.streamDeckProfile.zip

Is this possible to get the link again? 
every time I try it says the link has expired??

would be great to get a plugin! Vectorworks? 

also just ordered a Spacemouse! Wow they look so damn cool! 🙂

2 hours ago, Adam M said:

Is this possible to get the link again? 
every time I try it says the link has expired??

would be great to get a plugin! Vectorworks? 

also just ordered a Spacemouse! Wow they look so damn cool! 🙂

Hi, I just tried the link and it still works. Maybe try it from a different browser?

Did you upvote the request? (little black arrow at the left upper corner of the topic, will turn green when you click it)

On 8/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, Graeme Smith said:

@scottmoore Hi,

Would you be willing to share your profile for this, I'm struggling to create the more complicated things that don't have shortcuts.

Thanks

Mine are all based on shortcuts. There are a couple of scripts that I converted to tools to which I then added shortcuts. I don’t entirely recall the process for this as I’ve only done it once. 

I am more than happy to share my profile. I’d have to figure out how to do that though. 🙂

I have no idea if this will work, but you can try it.  There is one function that fires a script that has been converted to a tool which was written by Andy Dunning of Landru Designs, therefore,  I cannot give that away.  It toggles your file from feet/inches to meters.  VERY handy.  You can ask him directly for the script if you like. 

Otherwise, these all fire quick key commands which means you will have to modify your workspace to garner many of the remaining key functionalities.  There should be two pages of commands. 

PAGE 1: 

Duplicate Array / Align-Distribute / Scale Objects / Layer toggle set 1 / Layer toggle set 2

Number instruments / Replace Symbol / Rotate / Connect-Combine / Trim

Return to home screen / Imperial-Metric (NA) / Render Bimap / Create viewport / toggle to second page

PAGE 2: 

Return to page 1 / Export Image file / Import image file / Export DWG / Import DWG

Create Symbol / Label Legend Manager / Lock-unlock (toggle) / Export Worksheet / Page Setup (printing)

Sweep / Extrude Along Path / Multiple Extrude / Taper Extrude / Set lighting options

Hopefully this will prove helpful to someone.  If nothing else, perhaps it will give users some additional ideas on what to do with a StreamDeck.  I find it to be an amazing time saver.  

VWX.streamDeckProfile.zip

Edited by scottmoore