ConnectCAD issues Connecting inputs and outputs

Hi I'm Designing an AV system for school and working on a wiring schematics, i purchase ConnectCAD, use it for the first time, managed to create all the devices and sockets but have some issues connecting the wiring. when connecting HDMI, Ethernet, RS232, F-Type connectors its ok but when connecting other sockets i get the spinning wheel and have to quite VW or they not connecting, see bellow list of sockets i have issues with:

1. Mic Antenna to Mic receiver using RF Signal and BNC Connector 

2. AMP to Speakers using SPK-Level signal and TBLK connectors on the AMP

3. Power over 3.5 mini Stereo jack between epson projector and epson control unit (not connecting only)

4. IR Connection between set top box with built in IR receiver to control unit using IR emitter cable. (not sure how to create Emitter and built in IR receiver)

Please find attached schematics, does anyone can help out with the above?

Thank you for your help in advance  

ACE Cable schematics EPS-REV1.pdf

• 4 months later...

Hello Yariv,

I had a similar issue for 2 days, but the crash was independent of connectors or sockets.

Till my last plan I could draw any kind of wiring, but after some clicks on new plan, it was not possible anymore and ConnectCAD / Vectorworks crashed as you mentioned.

Unfortunatly I did not get any good suggestion how to solve it, so I started to investigate, and got by myself.

For me the problem was that either one or the other (or both) "devices" included groups inside them. A "device" is already a group of objects. And if there is inside the "device" any other elements which are groups of anything (like rectangle, circle, line, etc.), then they should be free of group-status.

So the solution was to check whether if there is any group-in-group objects in the plan and "ungroup" them to pieces of elements - as they used to be once.

Maybe it is not allowed for a "device" to have a group inside.

My guess: it is a bug in software(s).

I have posted a ticket on Vectorworks-Support site (VSS-91065), hopefully it will be answered soon.

So control your objects and if it is a group, type CTRL+U (in Windows10) to ungroup it. [maybe CMD+U in Mac]

Then get back to plan (outside the "devices"), and you can wire again.

Best wishes,

Krisztian Kismödi, M.Sc.

SIMStation