ifc data mapping between custom psets

gester

hi,

for some workshop i'm just adding a custom pset made from a record. the issue is to make a pset field for the wall with the value of all window openings.

1771113469_Screenshot2019-03-29at20_50_09.thumb.png.545f3352e47a20672d59321d6b952180.png

the window gets a separate custom pset. 

224613234_Screenshot2019-03-29at20_50_18.thumb.png.846be3efaa208d1fefd9382c89816e80.png

is there a way to connect those values? i know the records are not that sophisticated as the database reports, but they use style and object data, maybe there's a way to solve this?

the window-record.field-value doesn't work in the wall pset...

thanks for any clue.

rob  

Edited by gester
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi gester,

AFAIU, we need to implement more functions in Data Mapping in order to fulfill your requirements - like, number/area of openings, getting material/material layers.

For wall height, please, try object bounds functions. For windows, please, try object parameters RoughOpeningArea/OverallArea/ClearArea (area) and WindowMaterial/WindowFinish (you should provide materials in Windows settings -> Data -> fields 16/17).

(record fields are in alphabetical order, because of user requirements)

Regards,

Mihail Rizov

hi mihail,

thanks, i see this, too 😉

as for the bounding box: the trouble is that only recognises carthesian dimensions (x/y/z), so if the wall is horizontal and vertical, the values are different for the length and thickness (they are swapped). i don't even try to think of walls under different angles 😉

polish window is a bit different as the us one, and it doesn't use styles. unfortunately the parametric object parameters' list is very short, way shorter than the us one.

but here's another thing: the wall style.

i have a style with 3 components that i want to extract in the 'material' pset automatically.

1_wall_style_components.thumb.png.04659d34374c0a7d43a02a7534027d93.png

everything that the style can understand is the component, the first component. or am i missing the right formula? i've tried with component(x).name, componentx.name, all to no avail.

2_IFC_Material_mapping.thumb.png.d73185ece5776bd693b9ff52c05f4bba.png

is there a solution for those 3 (different) values? and is there a chance to map a thickness value afterwards in the same data row?

i'm gradually getting nuts with it...

thanks,

rob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi gester,

Component functions were made to map component data in one particular workflow, which requires each component to be exported as a separate instance (ExportOptions->Export Separate Instances). So, during the export it returns the component data, based on the currently exported layer. Otherwise, it uses the core component data in the calculations.

First, you have to remove the custom pset from Manage Custom Psets (IFC Data dialog) and then you have to be sure that a custom pset is removed from all data mappings. (if even one object uses this custom pset in its IFC Data mapping, then the custom pset will be recreated again)

Regards,

Mihail Rizov

• Like 1

ok,

1. the result is the wall not having the components in the model tree (solibri model viewer), but the wall itself is getting all materials listed. i'll have to check if the components list correctly in 5d applications for cost calculations.

2. as a general notice: yesterday i was giving a workshop with somebody showing the ifc data mapping in archicad. the overall impression i've got from the participants was the simplicity of ifc assignment and mapping in vectorworks compared with archicad. of course, if you want to have it in a sophisticated way, the possibility to attach data is more developed in archicad, but it's a steep way to get acquainted with the procedure. you have to grab and insert data in many locations in the software.

3. btw, is there a way to reduce the amount of decimal places in the bounding box's x/y/z values? now i get 6 of them...

1217234075_Screenshot2019-04-05at17_50_01.thumb.png.33f32ec1e4c3a6ef4372cae6bec113f9.png

thanks,

rob