clint29

surface hatches not lining up with open GL

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this 100 x 100 tile surface hatch wont line up with its applied tile texture.  The openGL version is correct with the tile mapped as I wish.  But the Hidden line the tile texture is off by about 50% in the z axis. 

It all looks lined up on the surface hatch mapping tool.  I am a bit stumped on this one for the elevation view ports I like to use the OpenGL or renderworks for the background and do a hidden line on the foreground to get colour and line crisp lines.  Currently if I have to do tile layouts I have to turn off the surface hatch and add them manually overlay hatches in the viewport. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Screenshot (67).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png

URBAN29_SURFACE HATCH NOT LINING UP EXAMPLE.vwx

Looking through the forums it appears the solution is to set the render tab on the object to Auto plane align.  I had it set to perimeter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, clint29 said:

Looking through the forums it appears the solution is to set the render tab on the object to Auto plane align.  I had it set to perimeter.

I had this issue recently with an extrude. I was told by Tech Support that perimeter mapping isn't yet fully supported for surface hatches. As you discovered the solution is to switch to Auto-Align Plane.

Kevin