Customizing Cable Run Diagrams

Hello,

I'm a new user but diving in deep to cabling tools. I'm working with multiple LED walls, and I made a diagram with many many data runs (Cat5), and I have them all neatly plotted out side by side on the 2d view. I want to customize 2 things:

- the location of the main cable labels (which displays the ID, the type of connection, and the overall length). I unchecked a box that says "Lock labels to standard position," but now how do I move them?

- the size of the font on the connection marker, where it says how much cable is leftover (my onsite tech has specified certain amounts of slack in certain areas). All the markers are overlapping each other right now but if they were only slightly smaller it would look good.

The cabling tutorial videos don't go into detail on this. Is there anywhere I can get a more in depth explanation of how this all works?

• Like 1

Quick answer is that there is no control over the connection marker text.  That is the text that displays the extra (slack) cable.  There is control over the text size and placement of the "End Label Text".  If you manually copy the slack amount into the End Label Text, you will be able to control both the size and placement of the end label.  To move the end label, you will need to uncheck the "Lock Labels to Standard Position" check box.

I don't know of any other materials for you to access.  I have some experience with the cable tools.  Write or call.

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

There has to be some control over the cable label text, but I can't figure it out anywhere. I just want to modify the styling of it. 

I have a text-style on creation for my cables and their class, but it doesn't do anything. 

EDIT: you can modify select the font in the TEXT drop down before you place the cable. This will change the font, but nothing else. And it will only effect the Label sub classes, it doesn't effect the class Part Marker Text. 

So confusing.

Edited by trashcan
learning