Space Label issues after 2019 SP3

mgries

Question

I'm getting a new problem related to Space Tool upgrade.

I'm using the old version space labels in which I've created some sub-classes for the text. This allows me to independently turn on/off extra data about the space (such as the Area, Room Dimensions, or Occupant Load). In the screenshot I've attached, for example, only the top 2 lines of text are on the none class. The last 3 lines of text are on unique IDEN-DAT1,2,...etc. classes. After updating to SP3, all of the space label text is permanently displaying regardless of on/off visibility of these sub-classes. Is this supposed to work this way now? This had been a very simple and consistent way for me to control label info.

Please help! This has wrecked my drawings!

thanks,

Matt

1485703316_ScreenShot2019-03-27at10_49_14AM.thumb.png.d3f3198039f3fe8c0444e3710c321937.png

3 answers to this question

I ran into the same issue; I think it surfaced when updating auto-bounded spaces.

On the left is the "structure" of the custom space label with the proper classes; on the right is what became of them - everything in the space label class, stubbornly.

The remedy went as follows:

1) draw a new space object (should work fine)

2) make a new space style based on the new space object

3) select all problematic space objects ar once and replace their style (or their unstyled "style") with your new style

-> the spaces work again.

image.thumb.png.df754ad2fb34647b56c9a466a8f7d5b4.pngimage.thumb.png.9093a35cd2d1947cd4acb5b19711e080.png

..addendum...forgot to mention that apparently the same auto-boundary updating process destroyed most of my doors. They could be seen, but not edited or moved. When inserting a new door into the same wall, all the old "ghost doors" disappeared from that same wall. The only remedy was to copy paste the doors from a recent backup.

I filed a bug report about this. The local distributor recalled one similar incident in the past. A pretty awful bug to encounter when submitting for construction bids since our door objects are heavily laden with equipment and locking data...