RGB Festoon

Hello

I'm experiencing problems using SGM LB 100 led balls.

when I make a string of them (52 ball) it takes forever to do anything with them (move, copy etc)

I have tried modifying the symbol to take out everything other than the sphere to retain the lamp properties.

I still have the same issue.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there another way to show a RGB festoon that will work in VW & Vision?

thanks for any help

CB

Hi Rob,

thanks for this.

I have only really use Vision as a pre vis for VW, I have added any Vision instruments is that easy to do?

Also:

is there and way of putting a mirror ball in vision? i'm guessing I would need to make it emit light rather that reflect  it.

Thanks again for your help.

CB

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are not rending the spheres in Vectorworks you don't need to make them into lighting devices.

The best thing to do is to make a symbol out of the sphere and simply place them as symbols.

Be mindful of how you create the sphere and your 3D conversion resolution settings. The performance of various types of 3D geometry for a sphere can be very different.

Once you export into Vision you can select the geometry and set them to be RGB emmsive objects.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In Vision it's all done in the Properties Palette.

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/Vision/index.htm#t=2019_Vision%2FVision%2FThe_Properties_Palette.htm&rhsearch= emissive&rhhlterm= emissive&rhsyns=

With the object selected expand the "Emissive" group.

Enter "RGB" for the Fixture Type, and specify a Fixture Candela value as well as Fixture Universe and Channel number.

This will set the object color to be controlled by 3 channels R,G,B.

You just have to select or make a simple 3 channel RGB fixture profile in the console.