Changing Trim Height disconnected Hoist

Hello,

Static system is not suported and Hoists disconected after change entire system Trim Height. I can not attach it again. Red line not showing. Only adding new hoists resolve this problem. Do you have any solution for that? Is any hoist reatache function or something like that?

Update: I use VW 2019 SP3 Win10. Truss is converted to Hunging Position

Before change Trim.PNG

After change Trim.PNG

Edited by Robert Janiak
5 hours ago, Robert Janiak said:

Hello,

Static system is not suported and Hoists disconected after change entire system Trim Height. I can not attach it again. Red line not showing. Only adding new hoists resolve this problem. Do you have any solution for that? Is any hoist reatache function or something like that?

Before change Trim.PNG

After change Trim.PNG

What version/service pack of VW?

I am unable to duplicate the issue,  With 2019 | SP3 (on a Mac though).  I tried it with Tomcat 20x truss,  I don't know if that makes any difference.   When I used to have stupid errors with hoists becoming unattached,  I would sometimes be able to re-attach them by,  selecting all hoists,   cutting them,  and then pasting them back in place.   I don't know if that trick still works though.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Robert

The Tomcat truss is grey because Tomcat has not provided us with the background data necessary for Braceworks. When ever we have a truss type that is missing the data for Braceworks calculations (including trusses created with the old straight truss tool), a default set of data is applied and the heat map function will not work with that element to highlight this.

8 hours ago, Robert Janiak said:

@Wesley Burrows Try duplicate this issue with Prolyte H40V-200 or Eurotruss. TomCat seems to be fine but Workload is Grey. Why? It something wrong with Prolyte and Eurotruss library.

How I do it:

1. Add H40V-200

2. Add 2xHoist

3. Recalculate All Objects...

4. Change Trim Height of System...

5. Recalculate All Object

TomCat and Eurotruss without Trim Height.PNG

TomCat and EuroTruss Trim Height 2m.PNG

TomCat Trim Height 2m.PNG

I just followed your steps with that same type of truss and was unable to duplicate the issue.    You might try backing up your user preferences,   resetting them and see if there is any difference.    As annoying as it is it's helped me several times when I couldn't figure out why something wasn't working right.

-W

Hey All,

Thank you for your time and help. Reset VW resolved my problem.

I will do reset VW first before post next bugs. 

Special thanks to @jcogdell for on-line meeting and helps !!! Good Job.

Update: I Think Template file was a problem. Problem come back if I use old custom template. If I use Blank project, have no bugs. I had to redefine my templates 😞

Edited by Robert Janiak