The problem with the simplified display of trusses

Alex71

It is possibly because the simplified geometry was accidentally left out of the symbol. 

Also. If you invoke the 3d only toggle at any time, an extra symbol is generated with no 2D geometry. Could you accidentally have selected that version of the corner block?

Mark

It seems to be an issue with triangular truss types which when you want to change the direction away from the way the symbol is orientated, then the 2D geometry is stripped out. This is because to change the direction of a corner would entail the 3d portion being flipped to keep the point of the triangles aligned. Not ideal.

That said, I can't seem to get the Prolyte truss to insert the correct way around anyway. There must be something in the Truss Cross section that determines that , but for now I can't see what is different.

@Alex71 

I think I have found the problem with the prolyte truss you are using. The Straight connection has been given a rotation angle of 180°. If you change that to 0.00° in customisation, then all further instances of this truss type should connect as you would expect. What my version was doing was rotating the connection thus stripping out the 2D geometry  (which is what I would expect).

I don't fully understand the significance of this yet, but this seems to clear up the immediate problem. 

505216188_Screenshot2019-03-24at13_15_33.thumb.png.285f27e29e568b4951a5330c9c848904.png