Accessories Not Aligned When Importing A Design Layer

VW2018

Mac 10.12.6

I'm importing a design layer with my lighting units to a different drawing and all my accessories (Scrollers and an I-Cue) are not aligned to the units after the import. They aren't even the same amount off. Is this a bug? Is there anything I should be doing differently when importing?

547835323_ScreenShot2019-03-23at12_38.51AM(2).thumb.png.e430b8cb5bffb843e6df7dfa5872b227.png

Edited by bosox242
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, JBenghiat said:

I'm not seeing any issues. Are you importing via New Layer in Organization, or via copy and paste? Does either document have a user origin defined?

I Imported via - Organization, New Design Layer, Import Design Layer, Select lighting layer from specific file, Check Mark "Import Layer Objects", Click OK.

In a brand new file when I import the lighting units the scrollers stay aligned with the units. Not sure whats up but it seems to be related to the file I'm importing to.

Do the symbols already exist in the file you are trying to import in to? If so, check that the symbols are using the correct insertion point.

Did the file already have lighting devices, either on other layers or that had been deleted? That would cause the UID’s of the lights you are importing to reset, which might then cause an improper association between instruments and accessories.

Finally, you may want to try copy and paste-in place instead of importing. Pasting triggers some UID error checking that I believe does not happen with importing the layer. Pasting in sections of the plot at a time may be the way to go.

And finally, finally, you may want to start with importing the lighting layer into a new file, and then import the other layers from your second file into the new file. If the issue is indeed UID related, this will give the imported Lighting Devices first crack at unique names and will preserve the instrument / accessory associations.