VW 11.5 Very Slow

Since upgrading to 11.5 from 11.1.5 When 11.5 is up and running it not only is slow, but when, open my other applications slow down as well. Mac OS 10.3.8 G5 Dual 2.0 8G Ram w/ 30" Apple Display. Reverted back to 11.1.5 and everthing returned to the faster speed I had grown accustomed too. Still getting error message in 11.5 when editing a roof w/ clip command and selecting a roof plane can only be done by dragging the marqu , when using 11.1.5 tis does not occur.

Will discontinue using 11.5 until this speed issue is hopefully resolved.

Wow...

You have a beast computer! I have only a 933 Mhz iBook G4 with just 640 Mb of RAM and 11.5 runs very fast. In fact I think it performs slightly better than 11.0.1. Maybe you have some fonts in conflict. Try deactivating by groups on Font Book (without deactivating essential Mac OS fonts, take a look at www. thexlab.com) I can't believe your computer runs slow!

[ 03-17-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Hugo ]

I wonder if perhaps you've got a corrupted installation. I know of at least two situations where the downloaded "upgrade" ran slowly. When the CD arrived, the 11.5 app was uninstalled and then reinstalled from the CD. . .and the issue was solved.

I have my share of complaints, but slow (on my system) isn't one of them.

Good luck,

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this speed problem with both 400 mz G4s in my office (one has 1 gig ram, the other has 704 MB ram). All was fine with 11.1 but the switch to 11.5 has been brutal, and our files are fairly small (8 to 20 megs). We've allocated tons of ram to VW but that hasn't helped. Is it possible that working on files created with VW 11.1 or earlier may cause the speed problem?

Please give us some guidance. Our next step is to uninstall and go back to 11.1

Thanks,

Tony