Filling a shell so it looks like it has water in it

Hi, just wondering if there is a simple way of filling a shell representing a pool with what looks like water? I made a slightly smaller extrude within the shell initially but it is not as accurate as it could be and so causing the shell solid to have oscillating looking sides because the two are very slightly over lapping (if that makes sense?!). I could re-do it but just wondering if there is a simpler way?

Also I have a spout that I'd like water to look as if it is pouring from it in to the pool...Is this possible or am I asking too much now?

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The trick with water is to show it as a single surface (3D Poly or NURBS Surface) to which you apply a water texture. An extrude has six surfaces, so will struggle with bouncing the light correctly, as any "rippling" would apply to all six surfaces. For the pouring water, an extrude might work though, as your "column" of water would have more than that single surface exposed and rippling.

• Like 2