Error msg: An unexpected OS error ID #0 has occurred!"

Just installed the 11.5 update. The installer says the update was successful, but I'm now getting the above error message whenever I launch VW or attempt to create or modify a workspace, a palette, or menu, and none of the improvements work (sketch, trim, volumetric analysis, etc.)

Also getting the error message:

"The following Plug-ins are not in the Plug-ins folder: Document Setup Model Setup Create Standard Viewports Standard Naming VA Set Project prefs Door Hardware Library Room Finish Library VA Records and Schedules Workspace Editor Issue Manager B"

What's going on, and how do I fix things?

Forgot to mention: 2.0 G5 Dual, OS X 10.3.7.

I'm not using an alias. I'm launching VW directly.

Also, the various symbol libraries are no longer accessible by default in the Resource Browser. Every time I need to access a symbol, I have to select "Browse a File" in the "Files and Folders" menu of the Resource Browser and open individual symbol files until I find the one I want.

Pardon my saying so, but this upgrade is a screw-up of MAJOR proportions. I've had to wipe 11.5 and reinstall 11.0.1 twice to try to get the upgrade to work, and every time I turn around, something else is broken or doesn't work correctly. I'm frustrated enough at this point to ditch VW for a CAD program that isn't going to cost me 2-3 days every time I try to upgrade.

When you get the message, are you able to go forward with using VW?

YOu may want to redownload and install the update OR contact CS to have an install CD shipped to you.

The RB - you can add the files to the object library using the arrow the the right of Files and Folders at the top of the RB and select ADD NEW FAVORITE FILE - migrate to the VW folder, obj libraries and add the files you'd like to the list.

• 4 weeks later...

Ran into the same problem and Katie's original suggestion of deleting the alias did work. I was launching out of the dock and the old VW icon launched VW with a splashscreen saying it was 11.5. I then would get the error message. After dimissing the error message, the program would launch and the interface looked pretty much the same but I tried "export image file" and nothing would happen.

After reading this forum, I tried launching from the actual app icon and it worked. So I have deleted the icon out of my dock and selected "keep in dock" while VW 11.5 was running.

G5 Panther

The Install CD is far superior to the download version. It took me 4 tries to get the download to almost work. There's a lot of tweeking and adjustment necessary to get 'back' to a normal workflow. Backing up your old VW directory is essential before installing the new 11.5. Then compare each of the directories to see what is old-new & missing. You will be suprised !

Be prepared to rebuild all the favorites & workspaces, etc.

Make sure you trash the old preference files(2) and any links to the earlier version. A corrupted .ds file can cause misery.

Now that I've gone thru all the trouble to upgrade I'm stuck with working around the numerous bugs.