nickvaphiadis

Vision 2019 and GrandMA on PC

This may sound like amateur hour, because it is exactly that. I am entirely self taught with all of this. I have looked everywhere and done all the research I can handle.

When using MAonPC do you need to have a dongle? When I go to select the DMX provider, or rather once the file is exported into Vision I get a HASP error. I really wish that when I spoke to the team about all of this prior to purchase they mentioned that without a console you can't really do anything in Vision. I purchased this mostly to put video on the LED screens to display my customers content with the rest of the stage elements, but also wanted to be able to have just a few basic lights to boot.

I'm happy to do more reading if someone could just point me in the right direction. Links to things that Jim have posted aren't going to help because i've read them top to bottom and still can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for. 

Thanks in advance!

You need something that outputs dmx, depending on the brand of consoles you get some free Chanels, but I believe there is no console manufacturer that will let you output unlimited channels...

That being said, for MA Lighting you have two options, if you want to use GrandMA 1 or 2 OnPC you need to download the ESP Vision Connection Driver from MA website (https://www.malighting.com/downloads/products/grandma2/) which only runs on Windows (so your Vision also has to run on Windows), and allows you to use MA NET to connect to Vision and has no limit in the amount of fixtures you can control. The other option is to use GrandMA Dot2 onPC, which has one free universe through Artnet or sACN. 

I believe Chamsys also has a free universe, not sure on the rest of the manufacturers.

• Like 1

@nickvaphiadis I've talked with our tech support and sales teams. They should be in contact with you shortly!

• Like 1

i have a similer problem 

after installing the esp vision driver, grandma2 on pc, and vision, i choose in the "dmx provider" in vision the grandma,

and i get a "hasp" 

how can i fix it? 

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-14 at 19.17.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-14 at 19.17.07.jpeg

1 minute ago, klinzey said:

@pazworkfornow@gmail.com Do you have a Dongle? MA requires the use of a Vision dongle in order to enable the MA connection driver.

I just ended up using magicQ instead but easier to use for my purposes and has a pretty good visualizer too boot. 

• Like 1

Just now, pazworkfornow@gmail.com said:

no, i dont have a dongle. but its should work with the esp vision driver no?

When I spoke to the guys at vectorworks they said you for sure need to use a dongle in order to get around that hasp error. I ended up getting a dongle anyway, but if you aren’t committed to the MAonPC You could use some other artnet virtual console ie. obsidian onyx or magic q etc. 

• Like 1

You just need to get the vectorworks vision dongle. Not a dongle from grandMA. They are like 45 bucks from vectorworks. It’s only for the vision software so if you ever switch computers you just need to make sure you bring the dongle with you. 

• Like 1