Colour by class to object attribute colour

Hello,

I have a file I need to process for a CNC CAM package.

There are a lot of lines. object colours are taken from the class attributes. 

However, it appears that when these are exported to dxf, and imported to the CAM software, the line colours to not come through. My first thought is the lines / objects need to carry their colour by individual attributes, not by class.

So, is there an easy way to automate >  inherit colour from class colour, but not be linked to it any more. kind of.... "push class attributes to object attributes"?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. marionette maybe ?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello, no suggestions on this? 

I have been manually selecting all the lines of a given colour using the magic wand tool, then resigned them the same colour, (but not as a class attributes)

When the CNC software opens the file, the colours come through and it works.

So it is related to the colour by class, not pushing through to the dxf. 

Is an export tick box I've not found? or is there a simple script I can run which takes the class colour and pushes it through to the line/object colour, effectively removing its reference to the class attributes?

Thanks

At the bottom of the attributes palette there is an option to remove attributes by class of whatever is selected. 

It probably won’t work for classes embedded in groups or symbols or walls styles etc but should do everything else. 

Hope that helps!