Simple arrow head on curved line

Okay there has got to be a simpler way to do what I'm doing.

I want a simple curved line with an arrowhead.

The only way I can think to make on is to draw a line with the polyline tool, then tool-->convert to lines ( it makes a zillion), select only the very last segment, attach the arrow head, then group all the peices so they act as one object.

Why can't I add an arrow head to the end of a polyline?

Andy, there is an easier way, but it is still a workaround: draw your curved polyline and then draw a very short straight line at the end. Put the arrow head on the short piece. BTW people have been asking for VW's to allow arrow heads on polylines for years, but so far it hasn't happened. Anyhow, if you group the two lines (from above) it might make life a little easier if you need to change/edit/move stuff. Hope that helps :-)

The callout tool in VW 11 allows for bezier curves and arcs in addition to straight lines.

To specify this, click on the callout tool, then click on the preferences button in the mode bar. Next to "Leader Type" select "Arc" or "Bezier".

Thanks all. These are all good ideas and provide some ideas to solve my simple problem.

Katie, I had not seen the Bezier Leader Type. That is nice, for call outs, but too complicated for my current needs.

I'm just trying to add a nice curved leader to reference markers. Maybe that goes against current document convention.

The ability to add arrowheads to polylines sure makes sense to me.

We use the Arc tool with the "Arc by two points and Center" option enabled. You can easily put an arrow of any kind at either end of the arc.

If you predefine the line weight and arrowhead characteristics in a class ("Notes for instance) it is a fairly quick and flexible method.

Katie,

The reference marker tool has all the data fields that I need: choices in the configs, data items that point to an off page reference etc. It would be nice if the leader line options that are available in the call out tool were connected to the reference marker tool. As it is, I don't think they are.

I've chosen to use the reference marker tool and add my own leader lines. A good enhancement would be to make the leader line options available to the reference marker tool.

Does this make sense?

I prefer the 'Arc by Tangent' for note leaders. You can start the arc out horiz. from the note, then bend it down to the referenced item. The horiz. start from all the notes keeps the dwg. looking neat. If you need a bendy line, draw the first line, then start another at, and tangent to, the first.

OT: A quicky way to draw arrow heads at a line of objects, like WC.s, is to draw 1 long arc from the note that crosses all of the items, add an arrow head at the end farthest from the note, then split the arc @ each of the items. Each arc segment will have an arrow head pointing the same way.