System crash - wall tool

pinkystink

Question

Hi, I have been battling for a week with what seems like a bug or some sort, I have emailed file to VW support, but its slow going and the "bug" isn't occurring for them when the file has been tested.  Basically, working away on a model and the system keeps giving me the "wheel of death" every time I try edit the walls I have built. I have had to perform various complex work arounds in order to get a set of build drawings out. I am now trying to work out what is going on.

I have recreated new file templates, new wall tools pre sets and each time the file freezes and I have to force quite, over the last week I have reinstalled OS (On latest) reinstalled VW (on latest) at least twice and run the following test as requested from support, none of them had an effect.

Can someone please guide me through what I can do to clear out my system..... I have looked but so many options re free software etc .... would be so grateful. In anticipation Thanks 

Please try changing your navigation graphics:
Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > change the Navigation Graphics to Good Performance and Compatibility.

If this doesn't help then please try resetting your user folder:
Close Vectorworks > Finder > Go > hold Alt/Option and click Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > rename 2019 to 2019old > open Vectorworks and see if this has resolved the issue.

Please try running the repair tool:
Close Vectorworks > Finder > Applications > Vectorworks 2019 > run Vectorworks 2019 Updater > let it update if needed > Advanced Options > Repair.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet