Hello,

Am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time).

How can I make Tyler Truss look like truss instead of this (see attached screen shots)1765980653_Screenshot2019-03-18at13_48_14.thumb.png.7dbcf7453d1eec5d52a2f3539a182206.png174792613_Screenshot2019-03-18at13_47_50.thumb.png.27d2c5fb0c18f4a183042e0573e86110.png

Thanks for any help 

Carl

Turn off the class rigging-truss-3D-simple 

I my have the name wrong there, but it's close.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know where you're looking. If you're simply rendering on a Design Layer you can go to the Navigation palette, Classes tab and turn the class off. Similarly you can go to Tools>Organization and the Classes tab and turn off there.

If you're woking in a SLVP, you have to select the SLVP and then click the Classes button in the OIP and turn the class off in there.

• Like 1

OK,

I don't want to turn it off or go to grey, I'm trying to get it to look like truss instead of a solid box.

I see that it turns into truss when in grey, but not really what I'm looking for.

Thank you

When you insert a truss object with the insert truss tool and choose a symbol from the library, VWX adds several classes. Amongst them are Rigging>Truss>Simplified ad Rigging>Truss>Truss.

The simplified class is a really simple box geometry meant for speedy navigation. The Truss geometry is in the Truss>Truss class. Turn that on and turn the Truss>Simplified off.

• Like 1

If you want to modify the truss, say make it blue, assign a texture in the Truss>Truss Class Definition.

FYI, VWX folks, even though I just refreshed my libraries, I'm having difficulty accessing this truss library in the VWX Libraries, Only the VSS libraries

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 1.13.17 PM.png

• Like 1

Thats great!

I was confused.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help out the bewildered 

CB

• Like 1

@Kevin Allen we had only released the GT when we set up the libraries for the VW Libraries, all the others are still on the Service Select.  they will be moved over for 2020.

that is weird, the only ones that should be in the Vectorworks library section should be the GT series.  all others should only be in the Service Select libaries section.  did you download them and place them in your user folder?

You can also import the truss intl your drawing and from your resource manager select the truss and edit the 2d and 3d components by just selecting the box surrounding them and deleting.  This will also allow you to purge the unecessary classes since there will be no data in them.

@Rob Books I only went to experiment with these because they were mentioned here. I wanted to be sure they were behaving as I expected.

Here are a couple of screen shots

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 1.52.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 1.53.03 PM.png

Hmm, I am not seeing that on my side.  I am getting a record resource conflict notice, but nothing about the library not being able to be downloaded.  are you having this issue with other libraries when you try to go into them?

without getting into every option, I see the same problem with Chauvet and Tomcat.

@Kevin Allen It sounds like your library index is out of date or has become corrupt.

In the Resource Manager, click the gear icon and select Refresh Libraries and see if that fixes the error.

@Kevin Allen That was going to be the next step and there are a few other things to try if that did not work.

Hi... Sorry. How can I do to add Tyler Truss (GT Truss) to my Library?. 

Thanks

Hello Franco,

It was in the Vectorworks Libraries in resource browser. if not it will be in VSS library.

Carl