lponesse

How to Move Walls.

I am struggling with drawing out a wall with the wall tool, and I am trying to move them without manipulating the walls in any way. How can I just select the walls that I have drawn and move them where I need them to be?

try grouping the walls and moving them as a group. if the walls are connected and they are affecting the other walls, turn off the connected walls mode (toolbar)

Posted (edited)

If it's not to far I use the nudge command for say short distances for as single wall that's adjoining another wall 

Edited by Phil hunt

I didn't mean to tell you off. Nudge usually movies one pixel at a time. this translated to different dimensions depending on the zoom. if you set your preferences, you can set up the nudge to be a specific amount, when used with the shift + ctrl +arrow keys

2019-03-19_12-00-10.png

Posted (edited)

Hey @Jonathan Pickup ! I alway just select the wall & choose to Move (Command M) then type in the amount to move the wall by. The other thing that (mostly) works for me is if I have constrained Dimensions (as I often do) I find it super easy (mostly) to edit the values of the chain dimensions & it works really well. We have finished a couple of Dr Offices & the client is often changing the size of the exam rooms (even after construction has started) and using constrained dims makes this pretty bullet proof (as long as you check for PEBDAK's*)

* Problem Exists Between Desk And Keyboard

Edited by Jim Smith

I thought of the move too, but I thought the original question was more about dragging a few walls together