jc4d

T model window

Hi all,

I'm having hard time trying to replicate this window I got from a client with the VW window tool. Is it possible?

image.thumb.png.7866d16c8c7388c8805e54e84cfc207a.png

Cheers,

Juan

I find the window tool very limiting in what configurations you can make.   Lately I've just been placing window or door openings in a wall,  then using the curtain wall tool to create what I want.   You can create almost any shape you need with the curtain wall tool.   Then I make a group from the curtain wall and place it into the opening.

It would be really great if VW would allow you to place a curtain wall into another wall.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TomKen said:

I find the window tool very limiting in what configurations you can make.   Lately I've just been placing window or door openings in a wall,  then using the curtain wall tool to create what I want.   You can create almost any shape you need with the curtain wall tool.   Then I make a group from the curtain wall and place it into the opening.

It would be really great if VW would allow you to place a curtain wall into another wall. 

Thanks for the tip, I will try. What it concerns me is that when doing fast sketches, then workflow will be a little bit slower, but is nice to have a workaround.

13 hours ago, Wes Gardner said:

Like this?  It doesn't have the astragal but close...

Window.vwx

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 2.18.19 PM.png

It looks pretty close, I'm away from the office for few days, but when I get the chance I will check your model. Thank you so much.