Question

I have been trying to configure rather simple stair.  In 2018 it nearly impossible, but in 2019 I am getting close.  My main issue is that I am getting error messages (two treads are partially melted..., etc) that doesn't explain what is wrong and it does not make sense geometrically.  So I am wondering if anybody knows which settings are causing this. Also, I arrived at this configuration by trial and error changing different values till I almost got what I wanted.  Also, it is not possible to have nosing in this stair, I unlocked overall stair dim .  Attached is line drawing of the stair and above is VW stair which has one offset set at 2" and it cannot get smaller.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 5.01.10 PM.png

3 answers to this question

All the stair tools to date remind me of the line from Dante's Inferno often shortened to L.O.S. :

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

so I managed to get it done with legacy custom stair tool.  I think there should be a check box "override stair tool logic"

The stair tool sucks and has for sometime. Go look at archicad’s if you want to see something better. There’s a long thread on hear from jim Wilson asking for suggestions to improve it.