Buggy window deletion on VW2019

JRoth

Question

I've been using VW 2019 for a couple weeks, on both new and imported files. Starting just today, it's being really weird about deleting some windows—they will persist in the wall after I delete, or won't let me pull them out, or even move them. This has happened on both new and imported files. I've closed files and the program and reopened, and sometimes it persists, others it works normally. On one file, I can delete some windows but not others.

I, uh, need to be able to change my design.

6 answers to this question

I'm only guessing but it appears your machine specs might be marginal for VW 2019. Perhaps setting your graphic performance to  "Good performance and Compatibility" or even "Best Compatibility"... Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics. 

I have the same exact issue.  Are there any other suggestions.  I'm been working on this project for two weeks and everything has worked fine.  In fact, the windows displayed correctly for a day.  The next day I opened the file and the windows are greyed out inside the wall.  Since I can't "un-grey" them, I attempted to deleted windows and start again.  However, I cannot delete.  Please help.

I do not.  I simply selected a window type from the resource manager and dropped it on a wall from a top/plan view.  Everything appeared to be fine and then 10 minutes later, when I went to look at the windows from a front view, you can only see the greyed-out outline of the window.  The W- shows up, so you know the window is there, but it does not display at all.  So I thought I could just delete the windows from the top/plan view and start again.  However, the system will not let me delete the windows.  I tried to force select, but no such luck.

Hi Jerry,

There appears to be some kind of corruption in the wall. I see the same thing you do.

The door at the bottom left is not inserted in the wall. When I insert it, all of the windows disappear.

I am going to suggest that you make good backup copies, delete the wall and recreate it and cross your fingers.

If you see any future funkiness in the file you are probably going to want to do an export and import into a new file or a layer by layer copy into a new file.

Good luck.