BREAK LINE

lgoodkind

Question

Here's an idea - make the breakline tool useful -  Currently we have to create a breakline, explode it, copy it, draw in a white polygon fill and send the fill to the back to create the image below.  The other option of course is to clip all of your detail graphics - either option is stupid.  A better option would be to have a tool that works

image.thumb.png.469390c065a1e7f6e65bec9ac3c8c84d.png

6 answers to this question

While this is an improvement, I recently found one of my old Drafting workbooks (from the 1980's!). In it I found examples of me practicing break lines & not to be too immodest they are works of art compared to the very mechanical looking lumps we get stuck with using. So I've made a couple of symbols that I now scale based on my student sketches. Still not as nice, but gives me a little more pride in the look of my details

Untitled.jpeg

On 9/21/2023 at 8:22 AM, Ross Harris said:

There was a third party plugin called breaker that is exactly what the breaker tool needs to be. Surely an intern can be put on to knocking out some this basic? Even Revit is streets ahead in break line functionality. 

I agree, this seems like a very simple tool to upgrade.

It's stuff like this which is the difference between software which "has the tool" and software that actually understands how it's used, the entire workflow and how seemingly minor features (the fill) are actually incredibly important and huge time savers.

It's like on iphones where it brings up 2 factor authentication text message numbers on the keypad. So simple but i've heard more people say how good this feature is than talk about the cameras or the machine learning-enabled lift a subject from background etc etc.

• Like 1