lgoodkind

BREAK LINE

Question

Here's an idea - make the breakline tool useful -  Currently we have to create a breakline, explode it, copy it, draw in a white polygon fill and send the fill to the back to create the image below.  The other option of course is to clip all of your detail graphics - either option is stupid.  A better option would be to have a tool that works

image.thumb.png.469390c065a1e7f6e65bec9ac3c8c84d.png

2 answers to this question

There are a couple of 3rd party plugins for breaklines you could try. The Breaker_v1 pugin is really good and seems to do what you want. I got them from this thread:

While this is an improvement, I recently found one of my old Drafting workbooks (from the 1980's!). In it I found examples of me practicing break lines & not to be too immodest they are works of art compared to the very mechanical looking lumps we get stuck with using. So I've made a couple of symbols that I now scale based on my student sketches. Still not as nice, but gives me a little more pride in the look of my details

Untitled.jpeg