Displaying FPS in Vision

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

FPS is Frame Per Second and is often a good measure of the performance of an application.

I always recommend free 3rd party software as it's unbiased and does not effect performance. FRAPS on PC is great.

That being said, if you click into the Scene Graph Dock and press the 'o' key, it will cycle through some debugging output modes. One of the modes displays only the FPS. This mode has the least impact on performance and what I would recommend if you are struggling to find an unbiased 3rd party software! I believe this is in the help documentation, but if not let me know and we'll make sure to get it added!

9 minutes ago, bbudzon said:

That being said, if you click into the Scene Graph Dock and press the 'o' key, it will cycle through some debugging output modes. One of the modes displays only the FPS. This mode has the least impact on performance and what I would recommend if you are struggling to find an unbiased 3rd party software! I believe this is in the help documentation, but if not let me know and we'll make sure to get it added!

That's it! Great.

I find this more helpful than a 3rd party solution because in the expanding debugging view it allows you to see which render feature is the most taxing on the graphics card.

There is no note in the help documentation about this feature. A search for frame rate or FPS points to setting the frame rate when rendering out a movie.

• Like 1