Charlie Winter

Vision & MA3D Dimming Curve Comparison Test

I am sharing a video here of a 5-second intensity fade up and fade down in Vision and MA3D. I have noticed there is a bump on and bump off in Vision as it nears 0, but MA3D gradually fades up and down.

Has anyone else noticed this with Vision?

I just wanted to chime in here to say this in on our list of things to look at. One reason this would occur is if framerate is low, but I'm not so sure that's the reason in this case. It could also be an issue with the content as we've recently discovered some fixtures candella values are off by a magnitude of 10 (ie; 66,000,000 instead of 6,009,070).

@Charlie Winter If you have access to JIRA, you can open a ticket against the Vision Product (there is a field for Product when creating the ticket, just select Vision). If you include your sample file and a DMX Recording, it may help speed things along. Either way, we're looking into it and will hopefully have a resolution soon!