Help required. How to connect ETC Nomad on Mac to Vision 2018 on the same machine

Hi,

Could someone please explain how to connect ETC Nomad on Mac to Vision running on the same machine. I've been able to get it to work on some machines, but not on others.

The DMX Connectivity articles are so out of date that they don't seem to provide any useful information on this.

I'm using Vision2018 because I'm dealing with NVIDIA Graphics cards and can't install bootcamp. (University iMacs)

Cheers,

Simon

I've managed to get it to work with both sACN and Artnet, but not consistently. I think what I need is an advice on the networking setup to get Vision to read the sACN or Artnet signals using a loopback adaptor.

Currently It only works some of the time if I'm connected to a network that has internet connectivity.

So I have Nomad set to sACN as Default, Priority 100. Vision DMX Provider is set to sACN. on Nomad sACN Output Viewer sees the Mac as the Source.

On one machine it is working, and the other it is not. The screenshot is from the iMac that is not working.

One thing that would be nice to clear up is that it seems that for this software pairing to work the computer needs to be connected to a network. It would be great if it didn't, or if there was a loopback virtual network interface that would redirect the sACN output directly to Vision.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.48.02 PM.png

On 3/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, Simon Farrow said:

One thing that would be nice to clear up is that it seems that for this software pairing to work the computer needs to be connected to a network. It would be great if it didn't, or if there was a loopback virtual network interface that would redirect the sACN output directly to Vision.

Simon, sounds like a great question for the Vision team. 

• Like 1