Title Block - Not all sheet data visible in the dialog window

JMR

Question

Hi all,

I've ran into a little problem with title blocks: We use customized data with the title blocks. Works fine, no problem there.

However, I think since 2019, when I go to the title block "sheet data" pane, I can't see all of my data. Please see attached. The data is there, but it won't show up in the dialog no matter how much I stretch the window.

I can access and edit the data via a custom worksheet, but the data should be accessible here as well, no?

It would seem as if after ~20 fields the rest are not displayed at all.

Thanks

kuva.thumb.png.110604abc76e6a562a39e072277af6cf.png

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, JMR said:

However, I think since 2019, when I go to the title block "sheet data" pane, I can't see all of my data. Please see attached. The data is there, but it won't show up in the dialog no matter how much I stretch the window.

Note that fields that aren't actively linked to text objects in the title block don't show up in Title Block Border Settings dialog. The do show up in the Title Block Manager.

Kevin

Oh no...I see.

We heavily use identifier data with the title block to eg. separate different drawing types for scheduling, preliminary, draft and construction. This identifier data is not linked to any visible text.

We also use a data field to quickly mark changes for a housekeeping worksheet - this data is not linked to title block text either.

I wonder if it's better to go back to our old custom title block, which is just a symbol...the title blockey things seem to be changing so often that our office quality system breaks down constantly...the title blocks are a "tread very, very carefully" area for an architect's practice!  🙂

Would it not be possible to be able to access non-linked data via the dialog? It's cumbersome to find the right sheet in the title block manager, much easier to click on the sheet title block and edit there.

Someone's suggestion about being able to choose what is shown in the dialog is well founded. We too get confused with "forced" display of some data headers that don't match the local standards, and then also this issue of not being anymore able to edit the non-linked data.

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, JMR said:

Would it not be possible to be able to access non-linked data via the dialog? It's cumbersome to find the right sheet in the title block manager, much easier to click on the sheet title block and edit there.

Someone's suggestion about being able to choose what is shown in the dialog is well founded. We too get confused with "forced" display of some data headers that don't match the local standards, and then also this issue of not being anymore able to edit the non-linked data.

- As mentioned in the other thread, we are looking into this 🙂

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JMR said:

We heavily use identifier data with the title block to eg. separate different drawing types for scheduling, preliminary, draft and construction. This identifier data is not linked to any visible text.

As a workaround you could create "invisible" text objects in your title block for the additional fields and link to them. The easiest way to make the text "invisible" would be to create text objects with a font size of zero pt.

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The workaround worked perfect! I was not able to set the text exactly to zero, but 0.01 was possible (nothing visible, practically). It's also possible to set the font color to white.

Phew. Thanks.

In the process it also came to my attention by accident that the revision number(letter) can be automatically attached to the published file name, great!