Create VW Hatch from DXF Hatch

I'm not sure what you mean by "imported the hatch". The procedure I've always used is to import a DWG file which includes an object hatched with the hatch pattern I'm interested in. It comes into VW as a polygon with edge "None" and fill "Hatch", and so of course its hatch definition is automatically added to the list of hatches in the VW file's Attributes palette, and I can use it to hatch anything I want.

VW stores hatch definitions in the drawing file, but AC stores them in a separate file called "acad.pat", which is kept in the program folder. It may be that in order for VW to import the hatch definition it has to be able to find the acad.pat file. I don't know. The above method has always worked for me, and I don't know offhand whether I've always had the acad.pat file available at the time.

I must be missing something here. All that I want to do is show a flagstone on my exterior elevation. I see no such hatch included with VW.

When I go to the Vectordepot site, there is no such hatch available. Yes there is a hatch available that says flagstone, but it is a rectilinear pattern.

How do others show various types of stone, such as ledgestone, river rock, etc?

As for the StoneCad CD, I find that the DXF files on it have imported into VW as a group and not a hatch.

Thanks Mike, I will take a look. And thank you to eveyone one else who contributed here.

As much as I like VW, it is troublesome to not have basic hatches like stone as part of the package. Renderworks has a wonderful selection of textures, some of which I will most likely never use. I would think that the inclusion of basic building hatches would be a standard item.