Referencing Not Working in Mixed PC / Mac Environment

bpbpbp

Question

Hi!

We have a mixed Mac & PC environment, and all machines share the same Synology Server folder lcoations for each project. 
When references are made on a Mac, the format is not recognisable on a PC (see attached screenshot) and vice versa.

Therefore references are broken.

Is there a know solution to this?

I found this article regarding 'Workgroups' but the text is ambiguous; is it referring to the Windows Networking concept of a workgroup (as opposed to a domain) or is it a VW-only feature?

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/VW2017_Guide/Workgroup/Workgroups_and_Referencing.htm

I am not sure it will resolve the issue in any case.

Thanks!

VW_Ref_PC.png

Edited by bpbpbp

4 answers to this question

On 3/13/2019 at 10:20 AM, bpbpbp said:

I found this article regarding 'Workgroups' but the text is ambiguous; is it referring to the Windows Networking concept of a workgroup (as opposed to a domain) or is it a VW-only feature?

I am not sure it will resolve the issue in any case.

As you have not linked the article you meant, it is difficult to tell you. However, yes, VW has a feature called "Workgroup and Projects Folders",  which you can set in the Vectorworks Preferences, assuming you have the right variant of VW.

However I cannot help you to know if it helps or not with cross-platform references, as I am somebody using very rarely references.

image.thumb.png.eb100126bf1904e346f286f7ac4a2a00.png