Jump to content
  • 0
James Hamilton

Renderworks Texture map different between openGL and Final

PVA - Jim

This issue is scheduled to be fixed in 2019 SP4. VB-158002

Message added by PVA - Jim

Question

Dear All,

 

Hopefully an easy one for one of you talented bunch. Please go easy on me. Whilst not new to Vectorworks I am new to Renderworks (usually export and render in c4d).

 

So I have a simple model with some simple textures applied. One of my custom textures appears 'correct' in openGL (bottom image) but flipped in Final Render (top Image). See attached.. Is this usual behaviour?

 

Many thanks in advance...

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 18.54.40.png

Share this post


Link to post

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I'm having a similar issue.  Textures in Open GL are mapping differently that in Final Render.

 

Here it is in Open GL

147054079_ScreenShot2019-03-26at6_59_58PM.thumb.png.45483a809136461b4d987afffc6ae818.png

 

And here it is in Final Render

1001645281_ScreenShot2019-03-26at7_01_17PM.thumb.png.c89c1428cdb58c132be39dda129df268.png

 

The final result is correct, but it would be nice to have it all line up while I'm modelling in Open GL.

 

In case it's not obvious, it's the black vertical siding texture that I'm having an issue with.

 

In case it's relevant, the texture is custom created by me, made from a seamless image that is the exact same height and width.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Vectorworks uk took a look at my file. I am still having these issues, but the way around them is to render the viewport in open GL - then re-render in your chosen render mode. That works about 80 percent of the time. The other 20 % i'm having to redraw and remap the objects....

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This is an OpenGL bug, it didn't make it in time for 2019 SP3, I'll check if it may make SP4.

 

VB-158002

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Jim Wilson said:

This is an OpenGL bug, it didn't make it in time for 2019 SP3, I'll check if it may make SP4.

 

VB-158002

Good to know - thank you Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×