Adding new fixtures/modes to Vision

How do you add new fixtures/modes to Vision? I requested a new mode for Arri SkyPanel S360. I got an email back saying it was done and to refresh my library in Vision with dongle installed and the restart vision. After doing that several times I finally found the new modes in Vision library, but I can't figure out how to change mode in an existing file. The new modes don't seem to be in vectorworks even after refreshing/downloading/updating libraries. Also the new modes for Vision only show up on my MacBook pro, not on a PC I use for Vsion since I'm dealing with the Apple, Nvidia, Vectorworks war.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not being able to changing the mode of an existing v3s is a pretty serious UI/UX flaw that went unnoticed. I'll look into it and we'll see how soon we can get it taken care! The recommended way to do this currently is in VW, followed by another Send to Vision or Export.

As far as new fixtures/modes, updating Vision on the same machine VW runs on should work. If you're having issues, open a ticket or call tech support. I'll start the ball rolling on our end 😉

• Like 2

I had a similar problem after requesting a profile. I got the following response.

I did not attach file as it would be out of date but I would say hit support up again.

"We’ve recently had some reports of issues with the updater. There’s several things that can cause the updater to fail such as, issues with internet connection, firewalls, antivirus, and user permissions. To by pass that we can manually update the library file.

Save the attached file to your computer, then move the file to the location listed below, overwriting the existing file and you’ll have all the latest fixtures.

On PC: Program Files\Common Files\Vectorworks 2019\Library

On Mac: Mac HD\Library\Application Support\Vectorworks 2019\Library"

• Like 1

I see the fixture and modes (Arri SkyPanel S360C) in Vision on MAC. Not on PC. No new mode in VW in either MAC or PC. I'm also part of the MAC Nvidia video card problem so Vision is crashing and unusable. Also when I got the email from support saying the new modes had been made there was no library file attached like there had been ion the past. I have SP3 for both Vision and VW installed on both my MAC and PC machines today BTW and still no new modes.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Can you locate the `Lights.wad` file on your MAC? If so, it is cross-platform/cross-product capable so it should work on MAC/PC/VW/Vision.

Once we find that wadfile (should be located in the directories you mentioned above), we should be able to just copy them into place on your PC and get Vision recognizing it on PC.

Once we get that working, then we can try to figure out what's going on with the VW side of things 😉