Russell Poulston

Printing problem

Question

I have an earlier Vectorworks (2009) and unable to print 34x22 sheets. The version prior to my now newer 2009 version allowed me to set the page size under <set print area> but my newer 2009 does not have that pop down from the file menu. How do I set the drawing size to one page please? Cheers, Russell

6 answers to this question

Should be File > Page Setup, then check Choose size unavailable in printer setup and from the dropdown menu just below that, click Other. You should then be able to configure any custom page size you want. If youre on a Mac you can set this to One Printer Page and instead use Printer Setup to manage the custom sizes of your pages. I believe the steps are here too:

Thank you Jim for the feedback. I have already done precisely as you suggest but when I print pdf it is still shows two pages in the preview. Interestingly, with page breaks on it shows the 34 x 22 landscape page but with a page break in it.

Print to PDF is OS controlled, not one of ours. But if you use File > Export > Export PDf (as long as it isnt just Fundamentals which couldnt export PDFs back then) you can choose to export the entire printable area as one single page.

I think you may have cracked it. PDF shows as one page only. I will send off for printing. Next question is why does the page I am working on still show a page break on my 34 x 22 sheet?

OH! Missed that part, that one is easy: File > Page Setup and uncheck Show Page Breaks on the left. It'll always break based on the physical printer it thinks you have connected.

• Like 1

Good one Jim. I knew how to turn that off, I just didn't know it was thinking about another machine. Also, another machine it hasn't even met yet. Thanks very much for sorting it out for me. Your time is greatly appreciated. Regards, Russell