Can't export a a useful dwg file from Landmark

Rodolfo Stoltzmann

Question

Hi all:

Usually I share almost all my projects with architecs that use AutoCAD, but during the past years I havent found a satisfactiry solution exporting from VW to AutoCAD. The results always is a viewport or model that are absolutely unmanagable due size, slowiness and unresponsive in AutoCAD. I'm sharing the original file that I must convert to DWG. Any help would be appreciated! Because I have received so many complains from the companies wich I work.Thank you!

Paisajismo Edificio Colón (Sub, 1º y 2º Piso) Enero 2018.vwx

5 answers to this question

hace 1 hora, Vasil Kitanov dijo:

Hi Rodolfo,

Just uncheck (set to OFF) "Export Images and Image Files" setting from DWG Export Options dialog and the exported dwg file will be much more workable in AutoCAD.

Best regards,

Vasko

Thank you Vasil, could you recommend me more settings or solutions? Becase the file still very unresponsive in AutoCAD.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Rodolfo,

I made some more tests and it appears that AutoCAD is having problems working with Gradient fills. I found that layer Vegetacion is the one that causes the problem for AutoCAD.  You can use this options to avoid the issue:

image.png

Best regards,

Vasko

• Like 1

Another thing to be aware of is that Vectorworks exports the whole image into DWG, even if you have visually cropped it in Vectorworks. If you have large images in your file you may want to really crop them in Vectorworks first so that all parts outside the crop get removed. This could reduce the file size quite a bit depending number and size of the images.

It is something I run into quite often when using aerial/satellite images and exportings detail sheets with viewports only using a relatively small part of those images.