Hoist Problem

1 hour ago, SimonBarrington said:

I know I have probably done something really dumb, but I can't for the life of me work out what...

The Hoist display is is going me a black box instead of the hoist label... image attached

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 17.05.02.png

Looks to me like the solid fill color may be black, like the pen color…

Thein lies another problem. If you go in and edit the 2 component to change the fill (which is the way to do it, and you can only do 1 at a time), it seems to lose the link to the hoist data... and the point is then useless in terms of data on the drawing.

What I am most confused about is why that fill has suddenly started appearing, and even if I put a new hoist in, the fill is there. I've looked through class properties and all sorts... its a bit of mystery!

10 minutes ago, SimonBarrington said:

Thein lies another problem. If you go in and edit the 2 component to change the fill (which is the way to do it, and you can only do 1 at a time), it seems to lose the link to the hoist data... and the point is then useless in terms of data on the drawing.

What I am most confused about is why that fill has suddenly started appearing, and even if I put a new hoist in, the fill is there. I've looked through class properties and all sorts... its a bit of mystery!

And your Pen Fill settings look like the screen shot when placing hoists?

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 9.16.44 AM.png

Edited by mjm

Is there a specific class the hoists use for text and, if so, is the class set to black fill and you either have class fill color selected in the attributes palette or if you edit the class, is it set to automatically use pen and fill at creation?  That is a run-on sentence if ever there was one. 

The same might apply to whatever class you are using to place your hoists. If the attributes are set to “use at creation” in the class edit dialogue, it will use those attributes regardless of what you have selected in the attributes palette. 

I'm happy to report a resolution on this.. and it wasn't what I was expecting.

@mjm ...I had the fill set to no fill. When looked at the properties of the hoists with the problem, they also ad the fill set to "no fill". So on the surface of things, this didn't appear to be the problem. However, when I set the fill to solid and white, all the problems seem to have gone away. 

@scottmoore...I had tried all the options you suggested, to no avail, but they were the obvious solutions to look for!

Thanks both

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SimonBarrington said:

I'm happy to report a resolution on this.. and it wasn't what I was expecting.

@mjm ...I had the fill set to no fill. When looked at the properties of the hoists with the problem, they also ad the fill set to "no fill". So on the surface of things, this didn't appear to be the problem. However, when I set the fill to solid and white, all the problems seem to have gone away. 

@scottmoore...I had tried all the options you suggested, to no avail, but they were the obvious solutions to look for!

Thanks both

Thanks for the update. The most concerning element of your initial report was that, in taking corrective action hoist data was damaged. Hopefully that ended up being not true.