Worksheets Layout

Hi,

Am trying to configure worksheets. In this case line lengths in class.
Making some progress but would like to layout the spreadsheet in a better way than the default. See attached screenshot.
Ideally it would be good to have 2 columns for each class. And potentially to have the totals at the base of the column.

Also, it's not clear which lines the vales refer to. Are they ordered in some way by default and which case can this be altered?

Ultimately it would be great to present this worksheet formatted in the sheet layer. But perhaps this is just a job for another package.

Any input gratefully received.

Sarah

Screenshot 2019-03-11 10.35.26.png

@SarahSuperland I think everything you are asking for is possible in VW.

1.  The default order of the worksheet is the stacking order of the lines in the drawing. You can sort by any column of the database by clicking on the black disclosure triangle in the column header row.

2. I don't understand what you want for the second column. What data do you want to display there?

3. The worksheet can be shown on the drawing by selecting Worksheet on Drawing from the worksheet File menu or from the Resource Browser.

4. The number in the header row is the sum of all the values in the column. If you would rather see it at the bottom, just leave another row between the two databases and use a formula in Column B of =B2

5. Ask again if you need more info.

Thanks for this.

I think we've established that the original worksheet shown isn't working.

What we want to show is a a worksheet with columns for individual lengths and totals for a given class on a specific layer.

Just as a simple way to generate a bill of materials, based around line lengths.

It would be great to show all of this on one report. And for this to display on the corresponding sheet layer. If not, a separate worksheet for each layer would suffice.

So long as the worksheet updates with changes to that layer. Ideally automatically. Though if it must be manually then so be it.

Many thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...

@SarahSuperland

Sorry, but I am just getting back to this.

I don't understand your second point:  "columns for individual lengths and totals for a given class"   Are you asking for this to go horizontally instead of vertically?

I understand a column for the length of each line. I don't understand the second column for the total. Unless you want a running total.

The class and layer part are easy to do using the criteria for the database. Or you can enter a column with a formula of =C and then sort based on that column to pull all of the objects in each class together.

If you still need help with this let me know and I will see what I can do.