Hi All,

Is there a way to choose in vectorworks what parts of set is converted into a single meshshape when importing to vision?

I'm having a problem where some of my objects are being converted into one meshshape, but I need to rotate individual objects and can't do it while its 'grouped'.

Or is there a way that your class design and class layers make themselves their own structure e.g.

If I had a two design layers which referenced the same class, the file structure would be split down as shown below?

Design layer 1 > Class 1 > 1, Design Layer 2 > Class 1 > 1

If I understand what you're asking, you need to do and export ESC or MVR with just the objects you want visible.

• Like 1

One option is to export as separate .esc (which is what I usually use) but what happens is VW exports everything that has the same texture together or if it has no texture then everything with the same color fill. So assigning different textures or color fills make separate meshes in Vision.

With Vision 2019 SP3, MVR support has been greatly enhanced and is the new recommended workflow for getting from VW to Vision. MVR will not group objects in this way 😉